Sorry for sharing these updates that late but we were very busy with the Algo-Bot’s Kickstarter campaign. Feel free to have it a look and share it around you
Weekly Update #43: The genome patch tool
This week we worked on a tool to ensure the Norn genomes will be modified like it should in case of a genome update. It means that if a game update changes the way the Norn behave, we should be able to “update” the already present Norns too. It was a bit tricky, and we still have some work to do on it.
We also worked on an improvement of the loading screen. If for some reason the game data has to be redone, it now displays the progression at the loading (before this modification, the loading bar stayed at 0% for some seconds in that case).
Also, we fixed a bug where the game looked for a pregnant male Norn model and crashed^^”.
Weekly Update #44: Technical features
This week, we mainly worked on some technical features / fixes.
Whenever selling objects, we now send a message to the server. In case of a server’s latency, selling an object will now be better handled.
We also implemented a “stage” server, which will allow us to keep versions of a game waiting some approval before pushing the modifications for real.
Also, we are working on the science kit, in which the informations are currently too clustered.
We also finished the genome patch tool I’ve mentioned last week. It covers our main progress for these last days.